Big Canoe® Areas of Interest
Gibbs Garden 220 acres composing of 16 World Class Gardens including 3 feature gardens including Manor House, Japanese and Waterlily. Open March 1 through Mid December.
See 20 Million Daffodils At Gibbs Gardens
Gibbs Japanese Garden
Taxes - The Big Canoe® Community is located in two counties, Pickens and Dawson. Taxes are generally about the same for each county, averaging just under 1% a year of the purchase price.
Schools - Children attend either Public schools in Jasper (Pickens Co.), or Dawsonville (Dawson Co), School buses pick up and return children daily to the North Gate Wildcat area.
Medical Facilities/Service - Mountainside Medical Center and multiple Doctors/Dentists offices are located in Jasper, GA - approximately 12 miles from Big Canoe® Main Gate.
911 Service - is available in the Big Canoe® community with a landing area for medical helicopters. The closest hospital is Piedmont Mountainside Hospital in Jasper.
- Big Canoe® Interdenominational Chapel
- Trinity Church (.5 miles from Big Canoe)
- Foothills Community Church (2 miles from Big Canoe)
- Jasper (12 miles) has Baptist, Catholic, Episcopalian, Methodist, Presbyterian
- Roswell (30 miles) has a Jewish Synagogue
- Lake Sconti Restaurant (Inside Big Canoe®)
- Home Restaurant (Just outside North Gate)
- Forno Italian Restaurant (Foothills Village)
- Fuego Italian Restaurant (Foothills Village)
- Plus a wide variety of additional restaurants located in Jasper (12 miles) and Dawsonville (16 miles)
- Foothills Shopping Village - 1.5 miles from entrance - inside IGA
- Jasper, GA (12 miles) - CVS Drugs, Jasper Drug Store, Northside Pharmacy, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Kroger Pharmacy, Walmart Pharmacy
- Dawsonville, GA (16 miles) - CVS Drugs, Kroger Pharmacy, Goodson Pharmacy, Dawson Pharmacy, Walmart Pharmacy, Rite Aid
- Foothills Shopping Village - IGA
- Jasper, GA (12 miles) - Kroger, Blue Star, Ingles
- Dawsonville, GA (16 miles) - Ingles, Kroger
- North Georgia Premium Outlets - GA400 Dawsonville - 30 minutes
- North Point Mall (Alpharetta) - 45 minutes
- Riverstone Plaza (Canton) - 40 minutes
- Town Center Mall (Marietta) - 50 minutes
- Foothill Shipping Center - 1.5 Miles south of main gate
- IGA Grocery Store, Bank, Dry Cleaners, Day Spa, Barber Shop, Pet Grooming, Ace Hardware, Professional Bldg, Dental office, restaurants, gift shops, furniture stores.
Easily reachable via GA 400 on the East or I-75 to the West, Big Canoe® is approximately 1 hr 45 min from the Atlanta airport and only 70 miles from Chattanooga, TN. Many residents commute daily to Atlanta or its suburbs. Big Canoe's proximity to Atlanta makes it a perfect weekend get-a-way, or an easy commute for those who choose to live full time in the North Georgia Mountains.